Sunday, February 22, 2009

Me and my God

Is there God? The question is as old as human civilization. There is God, say some; there is no God , say others. The question of God's being or not being cannot be resolved by reasoning and arguments. It is a matter of personal experience. One who has experienced Him believes in Him and one who has missed such an experience cannot accept Him. Thus the believers and the non-believers are both right according to their own experiences.

For me, God is a reality. It is not just an abstract concept. Every being and everything that exists is proof of God's existence. Belief in God and adherence to rituals prescribed by different religions are two different things. Sometimes strict observance of rituals hurts my faith in the Almighty. For me, "Na vaju aati hai, na namaz aati hai, bus sizda kar leta hun jub tu saamne hota hai".

When one believes in God, one loves Him. Loving God is Bhakti or devotion. Love has many forms - the love between spouses, the mother's love for her child, the love of a child for parents etc.etc. For me, God is father. It is very important for all lovers of God to establish a definite and clear relationship wth Him. My God, my father, is a very loving and affectionate Being. I get everything from Him. Almost always He gives what I ask. Yet like a caring parent He will refuse giving that which is going to harm me. He is such a fond and protective father that I have become a spoilt child. My ego, my aham (which the scriptures define as a person's greatest enemy) is also satisfied by My Father. I do not bow or kneel before anyone; I donot ask favors from anyone; I am not dependent on anyone. I remain my egoistic self. It is all because my God gives me everything and prtects me in all possible and even impossible ways. I have put my head on His feet; need I bow down before anyone else?

Love for God keeps me protected and keeps me provided what I need. I cannot live without Him. Shri SAINATH Maharaj ki Jai.

No comments: