Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ram naam satya hai & Shehnai.

On 11th. February a young lady, just 31 years old died in Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi, leaving behind a two year old very cute and charming daughter and a very loving and caring husband. She was Maneesha the pretty daughter of my brother-in-law, Ratan.

On 16th. February the wedding of Shefali was solemnized at Delhi with a boy of her choice. The wedding was planned months back, even before Maneesha fell ill.

My wife and myself reached Delhi on 15th. morning and were taken to Late Maneesha,s father-in-law's house where a grand 'Mritak Bhoj' ( feast after death) was organized. With tears in our eyes we both ate this lunch.

On 16th. night we participated in the ceremonies of Shefali's wedding. Shefali is the daughter of one of my wife's younger sisters. Band, music, dancing and a really grand dinner were part of this ceremony. We took our dinner here.

The girl who died in the prime of her life and the girl who got married to her prince charming are first cousins. These are two sides of the coin of life. We have to accept life as it is.

Oh God! I pray to You to give rest to the departed soul of Maneesha and grant all pleasures and happiness to the newly wed Shefali and her husband.

When someone's wishes are fulfilled I become rich. When someone dies a part of me also dies.
Sainath give me peace.

No comments: